The 'Track Broker Income via Sales Receipt' workflow creates a sales receipt transaction in QuickBooks Online based on your brokerage gross in CORE Back Office.
- The transactions memo field filled in with the transaction property address
- The workflow will try to find the Names of the commission items from CORE Back Office and match them with the Item names of the product/services in QuickBooks. If it is unable to find a match, QuickBooks will use a default item. For a gross commission the product/services from the workflow configuration will be used
- Customers will be automatically created in QuickBooks as needed
- Deleting records in BrokerSumo does not delete the created transactions in QuickBooks
- The workflow runs on demand when data is posted by CORE Back Office.
To set up your broker income workflow, follow the steps below.
Select 'Track Income via Sales Receipt'.
Click 'Use This Template'.
Verify you are logged into the correct QuickBooks account.
Click Save. You will be directed to the configuration page. On this page:
- Bypass the 'Sync all item on first run' option
- Customer: Leave this as property address.
- Sales receipt date: Select one of the following. (1) QuickBooks default will default the date in QuickBooks to the day you are syncing the information. (2) Close date in CORE Back Office will use the close date in CORE Back Office in the transaction. (3) Demand date in CORE Back Office will use the demand date in CORE Back Office in the transaction.
- Deposit to: Select the desired account to deposit funds.
- Product/Service: Select the Product/Services account in QuickBooks you want to track the brokerage income in.
Click Apply again.
Click Run and your workflow is now activated!
To sync to QuickBooks after the transaction is closed you click on the sync to QuickBooks button. This will sync all your disbursement information to QuickBooks.
Below is the commission disbursement final breakdown from CORE Back Office for the brokerage on the disbursement.
You can search your recently synced items in QuickBooks by clicking on the search icon.
You will see your sales receipt from the disbursement for the brokerage, including any fees taken off the top and mapped to the correct account.