Smart Campaigns are one of the best lead nurturing and SOI (Sphere Of Influence) engagement tools that kvCORE has to offer. You may choose to use one of the many pre-made campaigns that exist under the 'kvCORE Library' or create your own from scratch. You might also combine the two, using a pre-made campaign as your starting point and then editing the content or schedule as desired.
However you utilize this fantastic tool in kvCORE, you will still need to choose one of three ways to assign the campaign to your contacts:
- Manually assign the Smart Campaign to an individual contact.
- Manually mass-assign the Smart Campaign to a list of contacts all at once.
- Build the Smart Campaign with a Trigger that tells kvCORE to auto-assign the campaign to new leads moving forward.
You can always switch between the above three methods or remove/replace a campaign as needed; nothing is permanent when it comes to Smart Campaigns which allows you to be very flexible with your contacts' needs.
Manually Assigning to One Contact
When assigning a campaign to an individual contact, you will first need to be logged into your kvCORE account.
- Navigate to the Smart CRM tab on the left.
- Click on the contact's name to access their contact record.
- Once there, you will see the 'Campaigns' section in the left information column. If they do not already have a campaign, you will see a prohibition symbol next to it.
- Click on the blue 'Add Campaign' line and choose the desired Smart Campaign from the drop-down that appears.
TIP: If you do not see the campaign as an option from the resulting list, go to the Smart Campaigns section under Marketing Autopilot and toggle on (enable) the campaign. If it is not enabled in that section it will not be available for use.
- Once you have chosen the appropriate campaign, click the blue "Add" button to save and refresh the record's details.
- You will see the prohibition sign turn to a green check-mark icon signifying the campaign as been added.
A new note will also be added to the Timeline saying the campaign has been added.
TIP: Contacts can have more than one Smart Campaign assigned to them so if you need to add a secondary or tertiary campaign, simply follow the above steps again!
Manually Mass-Assigning to A List of Contacts
Occasionally, the need may arise to assign a Smart Campaign to multiple contacts at once, like adding the Open House campaign to a group of contacts you just imported from a sign-in sheet or assigning the Past Client campaign to a list of buyers and sellers you have helped in the past and want to ask for referrals from.
When mass-assigning a Smart Campaign, you will first need to be logged into your kvCORE account.
- Navigate to the Smart CRM tab on the left.
- Use one of the Filter options to search for the list of contacts who need the campaign assigned to them if they are not readily accessible in the table of contacts.
TIP: This is where Hashtags are a big help! You can easily filter for a Hashtag that was applied during the import or that you manually added once the contacts were added. To learn more about using Hashtags, click here.
- Click the top checkbox on the left to select the entire list of boxes which tells kvCORE to apply your next action to all of those chosen contacts.
- Click on 'More Actions' at the top of the contacts table.
- Click 'Add Campaign' from the drop-down that appears.
- A box will appear with the first available campaign already selected. Click on the drop-down to choose a different campaign, if needed.
- If you need to de-select a campaign, just click on the name again or click on the name of a another campaign to replace it.
- Once you are satisfied with your Smart Campaign selection click the green "Add Campaign" button and the page will refresh once it has been assigned to all the chosen contacts.
Building a Campaign With a Trigger
The easiest way to apply a Smart Campaign is to build the campaign with Triggers so that kvCORE automatically does the assigning for you. To learn more about building Smart Campaigns, click here.
You can add the Trigger(s) while building a new Smart Campaign or you can go back and set them up after the campaign is built.
New Smart Campaign
To add a Trigger, you will need to be in the 'Campaign Logic' section of the campaign. This is the first box that appears when you click the "Add Campaign" button to the right of the Smart Campaign section.
Existing Smart Campaign
If you are going back to an existing campaign to add a Trigger, simply click on the name of the campaign and then click on the "Edit" button on the top right.
You have the option to use the three default Triggers under the "Start Campaign When" section or you can click on the blue "Add Trigger" button in the 'Advanced Triggers' section.
You have a lot of options to choose from here so select the one that applies to the Smart Campaign you are using. To learn more about Smart Campaign Triggers, click here.
Please Note: Triggers will only auto-assign Smart Campaigns to new contacts added to the Smart CRM moving forward, meaning this campaign will not be automatically applied to any existing matching contacts. You will need to manually or mass assign the campaign to existing contacts, if needed.
Once you have set your desired Triggers, click the green "Next" button until you reach the last section of the campaign builder and click the last green "Add Campaign" or "Edit Campaign" button to save your choice.
If you wish to replace or remove a Smart Campaign, click here.
If you have any trouble or questions when assigning Smart Campaigns, please reach out to Support via the blue chat bubble to the right or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org!