When creating landing pages you have a few default background options available to use. In addition to those default images you also have the ability to use the primary MLS image from a particular listing or use a custom background image.
Most of the time one of the default images or a listing image from the MLS will suffice for the content of the landing page you are creating, but you will probably want to use a custom image for the background of a recruiting landing page or a holiday-specific landing page.
Because you cannot upload an image directly onto a landing page you will need to host (upload) your image on another platform and then use the URL (link) on your landing page.
You can choose any image hosting platform, like Imgur, Flickr, Photobucket, etc...to use when trying to add a custom background image.
Please Note: Due to Google's updates you are no longer able to use Google Drive to host images and use them with a landing page.
You can also use kvCORE's blog posting tool to upload and host an image in order to use it with a landing page. For more information on using the blog post tool to host images for landing pages, click here.
Using Photobucket to Host Your Image
The first step in using a custom image is to upload it to the website you have chosen. In this case, it is photobucket.com.
Disclaimer: Inside Real Estate is not affiliated, associated, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Photobucket, any of its subsidiaries, or its affiliates. Inside Real Estate's Support team cannot assist with troubleshooting issues or answer questions about using Photobucket's website or software.
1. Go to photobucket.com.
2. Click on the blue "Sign Up" button in the top right. If you already have a Photobucket account, click "Sign In" and skip steps 3-7.
3. Scroll to the bottom and click on the "Sign Up" button for a free plan.
TIP: If you are looking for a free image hosting service that allows unlimited image uploads and storage, you will need to use either the blog post hosting option or Imgur.
4. Click the blue "Continue" button on the pop-up that appears.
5. Fill out the form that appear in order to create a free account.
6. Click on the blue "My Bucket" button that appears.
7. Prior to being able to upload images, you must first verify your email address. Log into the email account you used when signing up and click on the blue "Verify Email" button in the email that was sent to you from Photobucket.
Once your email address has been verified you can upload the image you would like to use for your landing page background.
8. Click on the blue "Upload Images" button on your bucket screen or simply drag and drop the image from your computer to that area.
9. If you clicked on the 'Upload Images" button, click on the blue "Select Images" button that appears next or simply drag and drop the image from your computer to that area.
10. Once you have chosen your image to upload, click on the blue "Upload to Your Bucket" button to the right.
11. Right-click on the uploaded image after the screen refreshes to show you the added picture.
12. Click on "Open image in new tab" from the menu that appears.
13. Copy the URL that displays in the address bar at the top of the new window that appears.
14. Go back to your landing page and click on 'Background'.
15. Click on 'Custom Background'.
16. Paste the link you copied into the field that appears in the pop-up.
17. Remove everything that comes after ".jpg" in the link you just pasted.
For example, this link: "https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/lmayo2021/Recruiting_Apps_Improve_Talent_Strategy.jpg?width=450&height=278&fit=bounds&crop=fill" would be pasted into the landing page box that appears.
And then everything after the ".jpg" would be deleted so it would shorten to "https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/lmayo2021/Recruiting_Apps_Improve_Talent_Strategy.jpg".
18. Click the blue "OK" button once the link has been shortened.
The page will then refresh to show the landing page's content with your custom background.
Now that you have a free Photobucket account you can upload up to 250 images to use in various landing pages and one place to store all of them. The URL never changes for each image unless you delete it and reupload it, so you can use them over and over.