When creating landing pages you have a few default background options available to use. In addition to those default images, you also have the ability to use the primary MLS image from a particular listing or use a custom background image.
Most of the time one of the default images or a listing image from the MLS will suffice for the content of the landing page you are creating, but you will probably want to use a custom image for the background of a recruiting landing page or a holiday-specific landing page.
Because you cannot upload an image directly onto a landing page you will need to host (upload) your image on another platform and then use the URL (link) on your landing page.
You can choose any image hosting platform, like Imgur, Flickr, Photobucket, etc...to use when trying to add a custom background image.
Please Note: Due to Google's updates you are no longer able to use Google Drive to host images and use them with a landing page.
You can also use kvCORE's blog posting tool to upload and host an image in order to use it with a landing page. This is a good alternative if you do not wish to set up a free account with a third-party website or do not plan on using very many custom background images for your landing pages.
Using kvCORE's Blog Poster to Host Your Image
The first step in using a custom image is to upload it to a blog post in kvCORE.
1. Log into your kvCORE account.
2. Hover over the Web & IDX tab to the left.
3. Select 'Website Blog'.
4. Click on the green '+ Add Post' button to the right.
5. Click on the image icon on the top row of the blog poster's tools.
6. Click into the 'Upload' tab to the left in the box that appears.
7. Click 'Browse for An Image' or simply drag and drop the image from your computer to the white box.
8. Once the box refreshes, you will see a link in the Source box under the 'General' tab. Copy the link.
9. Click the white "Cancel" button at the bottom of the 'Insert/edit image' box.
10. Click the white "Cancel" button at the bottom of the blog poster tool.
11. Click the blue "Yes, close!" button that appears. You do not need to save the blog post in order for the link to work.
12. Go back to your landing page and click on 'Background'.
13. Click on 'Custom Background'.
14. Paste the link you copied from the blog poster tool into the field that appears in the pop-up.
15. Click the blue "OK" button.
The page will then refresh to show the landing page's content with your custom background.
TIP: You can do this as many times as you need in order to use custom background images on your landing pages, but remember to save the image's link somewhere you can find it later if you would like to use it again!
If you have any questions or need further assistance while using the blog poster tool, please reach out to Customer Support via the blue chat bubble to the right or by emailing email@example.com!
(Keywords: landing page, landingpage, custom image)