What Are Custom Pages?
Custom pages are additional pages that you create for your kvCORE website. They can be one of two things.
- They can be a link to another page (If someone sees the title of your custom page somewhere on your kvCORE site, and they click on it, they are sent to a URL that you specify.
- They can be a page that contains just about any content you want to put into it, that is part of your kvCORE website.
Your custom pages will typically be accessible on your site from your website's main navigation. Either via the 'Resources' tab or if you choose to add it to the main menu (and/or a custom menu) as shown here:
How to Create Custom Pages
First, access the 'Web & IDX' section of your Dashboard:
Next, in the Website Content section on the right hand side, click the edit button for the Custom Pages section:
On the upper right, click 'New Page.'
Admins, please make sure you are in the right scope!
The ' New Custom Page ' pop up will display.
The primary components of this custom page are:
- Content or URL
These items control where and how a Custom Page is shown.
The category is the 'section' under the resources page of your kvCORE website that will contain a list of 'titles.' These titles are clicked on to access your page.
By default, on a kvCORE site:
One would click resources, then click 'Our Resources' to access the custom pages...
It is possible to add page titles or page categories to your main navigation.
In the screenshot above, you can see both the 'Dolor Title' page title as an option that leads to the 'Dolor Title' page. Additionally, as well as the 'Menu' navigation option, which is a page category we called 'menu' for our example.
You'll see how to set up your navigation options to showcase your custom pages later in this article.
Looking at the resources page, you can see how the categories and pages are organized. Multiple pages can live under a category of your choosing.
1. Custom Page Category
2. Custom Page Title
You can organize all of your pages in to groups that are labeled by your categories.
Note: The Resources tab may be hidden using a setting in your Web & IDX website settings.
Custom Page Components
When creating a custom page, each field should be filled out:
- Title - This is the title of the page as it will show on the 'Resources' page or in the main navigation of your website if you specify it in your website settings (more on that below.)
- Content or URL - You must choose what this custom page will be. If someone clicks on the title, does it display content, or does it take them to another website? Content - Here you can use the editor to design the content of your custom page. Click on the <> icon in the editor to access the source code (to paste in HTML content.) URL - If you leave the content section blank, you can enter a URL instead, which will take the visitor to the link that you enter. Make sure it starts with the appropriate https://.
- Category - This is the name of the section the page will be nested under on the 'Resources' page. It will also be used to name the menu item in your main navigation if you choose to specify it in website settings (more on that below.)
- Slug - This is how the url will look to access the page. It's generated automatically from the title, and you can edit it additionally if necessary.
- Meta Tag Description - The literal Meta Tag description for the page. Recommended to be two sentences. If you are not familiar with SEO, simply describe what your page is about using two short sentences.
- Meta Tag Keywords - The literal meta tag keywords for the page. Recommended as single words separated by commas. If you are not familiar with SEO, just specify a few words that are relevant to the information actually on the page. Do not enter words that are not related (in a contextual sense.) For example, if your page is about Dog Parks near area X, then enter "dog parks, area x"
- RSS/Property Feed - You can embed an RSS Feed into the space to the right of where the custom page is. Pretty useful for supplying a news feed that relates to the page you are posting. Just enter the URL of the feed.Where do I get the RSS Feed? - Look for an RSS Icon to access the feed URL to copy:You will typically not use an RSS feed unless you know what you want to feed to your Resources page. It's not a requirement for creating a custom page.
- Add To Child Sites - This option will add the custom page to the websites under the scope you are working at. So, if you are adding custom pages as an office admin, using this option allows you to have the custom page automatically added to all team and agent websites in your office. If you are adding it at the team level, it will add the custom page to all of the agent websites in your team, but it will not go back up the chain and add it to the office site.
Adding Pages & Categories To Your Main Navigation
After adding your custom pages and categories to your website, you can then attach some of them to the main navigation on your kvCORE website.
This is done in your Web & IDX settings, after your pages are added. You cannot setup your navigation options until after the pages or categories you want are created.
1. Click on Web & IDX
2. Click on Edit Website Settings
Admins: Check your scope!
3. Click on the custom navigation shortcut:
Scroll down to find these two options control your custom content in the main navigation of your site.
- Select Custom Pages For Navigation - Choose from your Custom Page Titles the ones that you want to display in your main navigation. You can display a maximum of 4 individual pages.
- Select Categories For Navigation - Choose from your categories that your pages are filed under, which ones you want to display in your main navigation. Categories act as 'menus' and will show all pages in that category when you mouse over it. You can display a maximum of 2 categories in your main navigation. (Category example, shown next to the resources tab. The category in this example was named 'menu.')
You can have a maximum of 4 custom items. For example, 3 pages and 1 menu. Or 2 pages and 2 menus.'
Resetting Your Navigation Options
The 'Use Parent' button for your navigation settings will erase what you entered and reset the setting to whatever your Team or Office site is using for that specific option.