The dialer is accessed via the tab at the bottom of your app screen:
- Settings - Note: You can save different settings for individual lists.Call Countdown - When you are dialing a list, the time after your call disposition is inputted will count down in seconds until the next call starts. If you select 'Manual' you'll need to use the dial now or skip button to move to the next person in the list. If immediate is selected, then as soon as you tap 'Dial' on a list the call will begin without you reviewing lead details.Post Call Notes - Create/enter, and then select note options. These notes can be added with one-tap after your call, so you don't need to tap in the same notes over and over again.Post Call Tasks - Create/enter, and then select tasks. These tasks can be added with one-tap after your call, so you don't need to tap in the same tasks over and over again.Default Text Message - Select a text message template to act as your default message. You can send this with one tap after your call. Default Email - Select an email template to act as your default email message. You can send this with one tap after your call.
- Custom Lists - These are lists of people that you create based off of chosen criteria. You save your criteria as a 'filter' similar to Smart CRM Filters. Those filters/lists can be dialed at any time.
- Standard Lists - These are call lists that are built into kvCORE. If you have past due calls, or calls to make today, or quickly want to dial your active leads, these list shortcuts will help you hammer out your daily routine.
- Dialing Summary - This is a report on the calls you've made. You can review dialing sessions from the last 25 days and view the following information for each call:Day of the week.Date.What list was called.Number of leads called..
How To Dial A List
Note - List Settings
You will see that on each separate list, there is a cog/settings icon at the top right corner. You can keep separate default messages, notes, tasks, etc. for each individual list, helping you not have to sort through a a lot of unrelated canned responses or notes at the end of each call.
Tap on an individual list to open it. Tapping on custom lists will allow you to create your own lists, and tapping on 'Dial Hashtag' will show you a list of hashtags to dial.
If you open a list that contains contacts that you've already called today, they will be hidden:
When you get to a list of contacts, you will have two options.
- Tap on an individual name to call just that person.
- Tap 'DIAL NOW' at the bottom to use the automatic countdown timer to dial each member of the list automatically.
When you first use the dialer, you may get a pop up asking if kvCORE can make and manage phone calls. Be sure to allow access for the dialer to function properly.
Calls from the mobile app dialer are made from your cell phone. When you use the dialer from your computer, you are joined in on a call initiated by your kvCORE Smart Number. So, when dialing via the mobile app, contacts will see your cell number. When dialing from the computer, they see the smart number.
To show the countdown functionality we'll use DIAL NOW.
Initiating with dial now brings us to the first person in the list, with a few controls that let us know what's going on. It may take a few seconds for the contact's notes/timeline to appear. If you tap on one of the contacts in the list, you can dial beginnning at that contact.
- Countdown timer, in seconds.
- Call controls.SKIP - Skip to the next person in the list.PAUSE - Pause the countdown timer.DIAL NOW - Bypass the countdown timer and dial immediately.
When the countdown timer reaches zero, your phone interface will display, and you can make the call. After your call is otherwise resolved, flip back to the mobile dialer app using your task manager.
Next, you will see the call disposition screen after flipping back to the dialer app.
Tapping on a disposition will display various options for your post call followup.
'Contacted' or 'Not Home'
- Custom Notes
- Manual Add Note
- Schedule A Call Manually
- Schedule A Call Tomorrow
- Create A Task
- Send Text Message (Set the default message on your settings page.)
- Send Email(Set the default message on your settings page.)
- Custom Note
- Manual Note
- Change Status to SPHERE
- Change Status to ARCHIVED
- Custom Task
- Create A Task
- Send Email
Tap to check the box on the far right to perform that action when you tap 'NEXT' at the bottom. This is where you can see how setting up default messages or items in settings will save you a lot of typing!
To add a custom note or task, tap on the space in the middle to expand the tile, where you can fill in your custom note or task.
When you tap 'NEXT' at the bottom, you'll get a confirmation and can either move on to the next person in the list, or navigate to the details page of the person you just added items to. If you are in the middle of your queue, and choose 'update contact' to see the contact, the dialer will save your place so you can return to where you left off.
(List Finished means you have reached the end of your dialer list.)
Using Canned Notes, Tasks, Responses, etc.
On the post-call disposition screen you can select various pre-built items to add to that person you just called.
For example, here is a canned task that appears above the 'Create A Task' button:
You can add additional canned notes or tasks to select on your call disposition screens.
You can select a default text and a default email as well. To preview what would be sent, you can tap on the text or email tile to expand it before tapping the checkbox.
Individual List Settings
You can set all of these notes, tasks, emails and texts for each list individually if you want to. Each time you open a list, it will have its own settings icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
Tap on the settings icon to get to the list settings. Tap on the settings icon on the main dialer page to change the default options for all lists.
Adding Notes or Tasks
Tap on the notes or tasks tiles on the settings page to start adding your canned notes/tasks.
Tap on the 'Create New' button.
Enter the name and details of the note/task, then tap save at the bottom.
After tapping 'SAVE' your task or note will be added and selected in the list. Select any messages that you want to be options. The space around the checkmarks will turn green to let you know they will appear on the call disposition screen.
- On individual list settings, the selections only apply to that list.
- On the general settings page, it applies to all lists.
Tap 'SAVE' again at the bottom to save your changes.
On the settings summary page, the notes or tasks you added will be visible in the tile.
Tap 'SAVE' again at the bottom to close the settings page.
Now, the next time I see my call disposition options, these will be selectable:
Adding A Text Or Email
On your call disposition screen, you can have a default text or email configured. Using the checkbox to select that message that you know to be the default from your setting screen is a shortcut to help you get through calls faster.
Texts and emails are a little different from notes and tasks insofar as you can only have one shortcut setup, per the settings page.
If you are looking to send out a separate canned response, you can tap on the tile to choose from your list of canned responses.
The canned responses available to you as emails or texts are managed within the desktop version of kvCORE.
How To Create Custom Lists
Your dialer app comes with a few useful lists as defaults that cover your day-to-day operations as far as kvCORE is concerned. Your daily calls that are generated by the system and managing the calls you haven't been able to get to are baked in as defaults. Additionally, you also have the ability to dial any hashtag list in your Smart CRM.
Any additional lists that you want to prospect in on the regular can be created using 'CUSTOM LISTS' at the top of the dialer screen.
These custom lists operate under similar principles to Smart CRM Filters, but they are unique to the dialer.
To create a custom list, tap on the 'CUSTOM LISTS' tile at the top of the dialer. Then, tap on 'NEW LIST' at the top of the filter screen.
The tiles below will allow you to set a list that is filtered by:
- Lead Status - Statuses are the primary permanent labels used by kvCORE to dictate many communication features.
- Lead Source - Lead source is essentially where the lead came from. An advertisement, were they imported, things like that.
- System Source - System source indicates through which medium they became a contact. An agent's personal website, or the office's website, for example.
- Hashtag - Hashtags are custom labels that you can assign to leads to group them in the way that you want to.
- Lead Type - Lead type is determined usually when they sign up on your kvCORE site. The type can be more than one and changed at any time on the contact's details page. Seller, Buyer, Renter, Vendor, and Agent are different lead types.
- Has Search Alerts - Do the people have search alerts configured or not?
After selecting your variables, you can set a name at the bottom, and click 'SAVE.'
The name you saved will reside under custom lists like the other default lists in your dialer.
The dialing summary tallies your activity on a daily basis.
You can tap on a summary tile to display the number of contacts dialed for each disposition type.
Opening each disposition tile will list the contact's you've called. You can tap on their names to view their details in the app. In the 'Not Home' tile there is a button to re-dial those people in that list.