To setup your custom codes, from the Lead Engine page, click into the Call Capture section.
The custom codes you create must be unique. They are a first come, first serve, since you share a smart number with your Office or Team.
At the bottom of the list of text codes, click the 'Add New' button.
There are three steps to creating a code.
1. Enter the code. Your custom text code can pretty much be any word or alphanumeric phrase you want. You should keep it simple.
- Try to avoid numbers as codes. This can get very confusing with some of the automated functions of custom text codes.
- Avoid addresses as codes. Not only are addresses way to long to type in, but they can also cause some confusion.
- Keep it short! The shorter your code is, the more likely someone is to text it in.
- Think of generic codes for sign riders. If you use a generic code like 'house1' for example, you can update the code later. This means that if you are buying a $50 sign, you only have to buy it once. You can re-use it on another home later by editing your code.
2. Enter an MLS ID or a Message. Choose to do one or the other.
In the above example, our code is '4rolynhills' and the MLS ID field has the ID of an active listing. The response is automated and shown above. It contains a link, and address, and beds/baths info. The link goes to the personal kvCORE website/subdomain of the person who created the code.
The message can be a URL, or it can be a message like you see above. The difference from the MLS ID only is that kvCORE is not auto-generating the response. It simply delivers exactly what was entered into the message field.
3. Smart Number. You might not see this option if you have access to only one smart number. But, if you are a member of an office, or a team, you might have access to more than one smart number. Depending on your marketing strategy, pick the number you want to use.
If at any time you try to create a code that someone else has already created, you will see the following error:
Should you run into this error you will need to modify your code to something that is unique.